Thursday, April 30, 2009

Toys

Today I went to Burger King and got a kid's meal. Except for the fries (BK fries are nasty, okay? And yes, I realize you can get mac & cheese (don't get me started on that) or apple fries, but seriously, who would?), it was tasty.

When I ordered they asked me if I wanted a boy toy or a girl toy. I got the girl toy, which briefly made me wax nostalgic, because I didn't realize they still ask that question. It brought me back to a childhood of getting ice cream cones at McDonald's and then one of us kids innocently asking, "What kind of toys do you have?" They almost always gave us a free one. We were shameless. It was awesome.

Anyway, my "girl toy" was not the SpongeBob SquarePants toy I was expecting. It was a lame leftover Princess Peach. With wheels. Uh, okay? Thanks, Burger King. They even have the new SpongeBob bags, but the toys? I think not.

Not that I wanted a SpongeBob toy. I didn't know people still adored him. They should bring back awesome toys such as these:



I'm pretty sure McDonald's had those actually, but still. These fast food chains need to relearn the benefit of capitalizing on something already wildly popular. Not trying to suck dry already parched things like SpongeBob SquarePants. Please!

Sadly, I don't have any of the above beanie babies in miniature size... But I have two or three of them in full size. Heh heh. I was a beanie baby collector, man. Even named my dog after one.

Anyway, even though the Burger King toys are lame, they know how to make a sweet commercial:



Sharp right angles? Phone book implants? Yes yes yes. That's not obscene at all! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment