Friday, April 17, 2009

I know where the summer goes

I love spring.

Actually, I like sunshine more. And I don't mean this post to be opposite-but-really-the-same to my last post, because that's not how I mean it at all. I was actually thinking about this stuff today, and the fact that this relates to my last post is purely coincidental... But anyway!

A few years ago my family lived in a house without air conditioning. I always loved waking up half sweaty with a fan blowing on me, the sheets cool and the sun shining through the window. To me, that feels like summer. I don't like air conditioning. That is why pictures like this really pump me up for the months to come:



Weird maybe, but I like that airy sun-through-the-curtains quality. I have this whole odd idea in my head about what summer should be like: lazy, sweaty, with friend outings here and there, but mostly lonely in a good way. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else, but it does to me.

Really, my idea of the perfect summer is probably largely informed by Belle and Sebastian songs. Not that I'm a person who revels in loneliness, but... I don't really have a "but" statement for that. I suppose I meant it in a find-beauty-in-sadness sort of way, but that's really lame and really cliche, and I refuse to stand by that statement.

Sorry if this post is meandering and over-hyphenated, but I'm distracted by how excellent it is outside! Thank goodness I have some plans for tonight, because I don't feel like finding beauty in loneliness right now. It's too nice for that.

Anyway, I really don't know how to end this post, so I will now sum up what the main idea was meant to be in one sentence: I like it when the sun shines through curtains.

No comments:

Post a Comment