Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Musica!

Music. It's all around us. It's in the wind blowing the wind chimes, the rain pattering on the roof of your house or splattering against your window. It's in the mornings when you wake up and hear the birds singing (no matter how annoying it may be). It's everywhere.

Can you imagine a world with no music? I sure can't. What a dull place this world would be. I imagine everything and every day to be gray because there wouldn't be any music. Music keeps us going, it's a great motivator, it's a great relaxer, it does so much. Without it, where would we be? *Shudder* I don't really want to know the answer to that question.

Music has always been around. There is no actual date that music just happened. I guess, the first day....EVER, was the first day music came around. I'm sure Adam was in the Garden and I can envision all of creation creating music with their many unique sounds. And it was good. No pun intended.

There are many different styles of music, many different kinds of music. It's a very diverse and unique subject. Everyone likes different styles and kinds of music, it fits ones personality, as i've come to understand from listening to a few of my friends very different music. It may not by my style, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

From classical to hip-hop, there is something out there for everyone. Music is not just out there to listen to, but it's out there to create as well. Many people enjoy playing an instrument or singing. I personally love to sing. I sing in church and at the camp I work at in the summer, it not only calms me, but lights a fire in my soul every time I sing a song that I really like. You can tell which songs I really like by the way I sing them. I get really loud, and almost go all diva-ish.

This brings me to another point. What does music mean to you? Is it a get-away? Something you use to relax with or is it just background noise, because it's too awkward to just sit in silence?

To me, music is many things. I use it to relax and I use it to escape. I use it to get me excited and to jam out to. I use it to prepare me for certain events during the day. Music is also a form of worship to me. I love singing and listening to praise and worship songs, many of which the lyrics tug at my heart and when I sing those kinds of songs, I can't help but raise my hands in the air and turn my face up towards the heavens and think, thank you. Because music is amazing and powerful and awesome and sensational and it always does something to me, something that I cannot explain.

With the invention of the ipod and many other different mp3 players, music has become ultra portable. I mean, we've had walkmans and cassette tape players, and those were pretty portable, but ipods have replaced all of those and saved us lots of space as well as batteries and is more convenient. Not to mention pretty sweet looking. :)

So what kind of music do you like to listen to? Do you play any music, either vocally or instrumentally? What does music mean to you?


No comments:

Post a Comment