Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Moon

Last time I looked out my window, the brightest light I could see was a bus in front of the library. I was actually looking for the moon so I could wax poetic about it as it wanes, but it must be shining on the other side of the building. Pity! But I think I'll talk about it anyway.


Reminds me of a giant melting cookie.

To follow Mindy's example, the Moon was born on September 16, 1908 (Edward Cullen's older!) according to IMDB. However, I really don't think this is very accurate; they also say the Moon is Ronald Reagan's older brother. A more accurate guess would be about 4.6 billion years ago.

I think most people who know me pretty well also know that I have an odd fascination with outer space. There is a giant telescope in my room to prove it, which coincidentally has only been used to look at the moon. Because it's big. I just don't have telescope skill. Which is fine! Obviously the biggest things are the most important.

And that is probably why photographer Boris Bendikov has created some lovely photographs for your viewing pleasure. I saw a few of these photos in other blogs, and many of them referred to the project as the "Personal Moon Project." As Boris Bendikov's website isn't in English, I won't bother with intricacies like names. The pictures are the most important! Here's my favorite:



I love the thought of opening a little trap door to finally see whatever mystery is in the attic and then seeing that! If I had my own personal moon, I'd put it in my backpack and show it to loud people at the library so maybe they'd be lulled to sleep! What would you do?

1 comment:

  1. So the moon Edward Cullen's brother... Intresting.

    ReplyDelete