Saturday, May 16, 2009

Watermelon


One of my favorite parts about summer is that fresh watermelon is all over the place and readily available at all grocery stores, and not just all chopped up mixed with cantaloupe. Nothing wrong with cantaloupe,but if you mix these two wonderful melons they start to take on a flavor of their own and it's not particularly good. I'd rather just buy a huge watermelon and a cantaloupe and cut them up separately. But that's just me.

I remember when I was little and my family would get watermelon and cut them up into half slices and as a kid I would one of those half slices and go outside to play on my swing set and get all sticky from the watermelon juice and stuff and it was great.

Now a days, I just enjoy eating watermelon...(i'm eating a huge slice right now.) I don't get sticky anymore though. There's a lot one can do with watermelon, and i'm excited to try some things out, like from my very first post on this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I don't like watermelon. Maybe because I'm not American? Y'know what is good? Strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watermelon. And strawberries. Pretty much all fruit. Except pears and kiwi.

    ReplyDelete