Thursday, May 28, 2009

Freedom!

Today was my last day of working at my job. I tried to find a picture that would capture the emotions and the joys that I felt the moment I left the doors, but I couldn't find any that was just right. The minute I stepped outside of the building and headed to my car, I felt a great big sense of relief and I laughed at myself--all the way to my car, because I can be such a drama queen sometimes. But I do swear, a huge wave of relief rushed over me, because now, I AM DONE.

I planned to be done with my job next week, but my boss had a talk with me today and about half an hour before my shift was scheduled to end I found out today was my last day. I immediately started playing the "last game." "Aww, this is going to be the last blizzard I mix...this will be my last shake....this will be the last tray of buster bars that I make" (In case you were wondering, I worked at a Dairy Queen...it feels SO good to use the word "worked" in past tense!)

It seemed almost fitting that the very last cone I made looked like a piece of crap. Almost like the first cone that I ever made...


Yes, that is me. Wearing onion rings and a hot dog as earrings. Now that is devotion.

Working very hard.


Anyway, despite the silly pictures, I did work at Dairy Queen pretty hard. I spent the last 4.5 years working there and have made lots of memories. :) I will kind of miss it I guess...

But still. I AM FREE. EEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment