Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lilacs


The past week I have been doing a lot of running around and helping people get ready for their kids' graduation parties and just doing a lot of running around in general. Amidst all of the running around, I love stepping outside from my house where the fragrant scent of lilacs becomes overwhelming. I have three lilac bushes that came from my great-great grandma's house and they have just recently bloomed. Driving around town and some other parts of the area I see a lot of people have lilac bushes and they are all blooming magnificently.

I absolutely love the look and smell of lilacs. Something so simple as that, looks so beautiful and smells remarkable. It is definitely something that I love about this time of year. It is so nice to just go outside and smell them and it is also pretty relaxing.

A friend of mine on Saturday cut me a bouquet of lilacs for me to bring home, after making several comments on the way to get $1 flip flops at old navy on Saturday morning (Oh yeah, baby! I'm all for dollar flip flops!) and the bouquet still adorns the top of my dresser and makes my bedroom smell amazing. Especially since I have my windows open. :)

2 comments:

  1. Lilacs smell amazing... I love that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy's car smelled amazing! After, of course, spritzing of lilac perfume, and freshly bought one dollar flip flop scent in the air!

    ReplyDelete