Wednesday, June 10, 2009

WORLD DOMINATION! Mwa ha ha ha.

Yes. World Domination. All of us have dreamed of it. What would it be like if YOU controlled the world? Its amazing how popular of a theme world domination is. The cartoon from the nineties, Pinky and the Brain, featured two mice attempting world domination. The majority of wars have world domination as a theme, whether just for power (Hitler) or because you believe the economy will not work until everyone is a communist. If you think about it, religion is another form of world domination. While it isn't a negative one, "Go therefore and spread the Good News to all nations" does sound like a commandment to conquer. I mean that of course in the highest respect, but its true. Christians, Jehovah Witnesses, and Mormons are all active members of world domination in my community. Why are we so in love with conquering the world?!

Why on earth am I talking about this? Especially on a blog about sensational things. No, I am not conquering the world. Although I know what I would do (in detail) if I did. I am talking about this because the three of us (Mindy, Betsy, and I) played the board game Risk for 4.5 hours tonight. Needless to say I, had Australia the whole time. Why is it that humans are so in love with the concept of world domination though? Admit it. Those of you who have played Risk take joy in conquering other territories. And when one of your territories you really want is taken you are upset. Like Ukraine. It really is an interesting little peek into the human psyche.

Well, to you conquistadors out there, good luck! And to the rest of you, stay safe, for who knows will be the next Conqueror!

Hasta la vista!

Question for the comments, if you dominated the world what is the first thing you would change?

No comments:

Post a Comment